We have more information and
resources below to help you!
FOLLOWING JESUS IS NOT:
- To be a follower of Jesus is not just being a good person.
- To be a follower of Jesus is not just about stopping doing wrong things and going to church and doing more good things than bad things.
- To be a follower of Jesus is not just ADDING Jesus to your life.
FOLLOWING JESUS IS:
- To be a follower of Jesus is not just adding Jesus to your life, but SURRENDERING your entire life to Jesus as the Savior and King over your life.
DOES EVERY PERSON REALLY NEED JESUS?
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and man and it was all very good. However, Adam and Eve (the first couple created) rebelled against God in the garden by giving in to temptation. As a result, every person ever born inherited their sin nature. As a result, we are all sinners. We’ve all done wrong and we’ve turned away from God. We’ve all rebelled in some way. Because of our sin, no matter how hard we try, we can’t have a relationship with Him. Our sin separates us from God.
- Rom 3:23 “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Because God is holy and righteous, we are guilty before Him because of our sin, and God has to judge our sin. If we stay in our sin until we die, then we will be separated from God and His goodness for all eternity in the Lake of Fire. Psalm 5:4 “You are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you.
- Hebrews 9:27 “It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.”
Even though we are sinners and God is Holy, God made a way for you to have a relationship with HIm! God sent His son Jesus to the earth, Who was perfect and sinless and went to the cross to take the punishment that our sins deserve so that we could have a relationship with God.
- 1 Peter 3:18 - “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.”
After Jesus was in the tomb for three day, Jesus rose again to show that He has power over sin, death, grave, and hell!
It is great news. But just because Jesus conquered those things, doesn’t mean that every person’s sins have been forgiven.
Each person has to respond.
If we want our sins forgiven, and we want to be a follower of Jesus, then that means we have to repent of our sins and believe in the person and work of Jesus.
To repent means we acknowledge that we are sinners but we turn (repent) from willfully sinning and following our own way and turn to Jesus and follow Him and His way.
To believe in Jesus means we believe that He is God and that He is the Savior who died for our sins and can save us from our sins.
These two truths are what Jesus taught in His ministry here on earth.
- Mark 1 :14-15 - Jesus said, “The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
You and I cannot work for our salvation! Salvation is by Faith (belief) alone and never by our works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
When we genuinely repent and believe, God promises some amazing blessings for our lives. So, what does God promise?
God promises us in His Word that if you repent of your sins and believe in Jesus and follow Jesus as your King, then you are saved from your sins and you become a part of the family of God.
- Romans 10:9-10 “If you confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved! For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
Jesus promises to give you life now and eternal life in heaven when you die.
- Life now
- John 10:10 - Jesus said, “The thief (satan) comes only to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
- Life in Heaven
- John 3:36 - Jesus said, “Whoever believes in the Son (Jesus) has eternal life.”
- Life now
- Holy Spirit
God promises the Holy Spirit to live in you and be your helper when you believe.
- Ephesians 1:13 - “When you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.”
- John 14:26 - Jesus said, “The Helper, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
- New Creation
God promises to wash every sin away from your life so that when he sees you, He no longer sees your scarred, checkered, and sinful past, but He sees Jesus’ righteousness in your life.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come.”
- New Kingdom
When we are saved, God rescues us out of Satan’s kingdom and places us in His Kingdom forever!
- Colossians 1:13-14 “He (God) has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
Are you ready to Follow Jesus?
Then start with Our Response above.
Read through the truths and then confess to the Lord that you are a sinner and you are repenting of your sins. And then with your mouth, you need to confess to Jesus that you Believe that He is Lord and that Jesus rose again from the grave.
When you genuinely repent and believe, God saves you!
If you have made this commitment, then we want to know so we can help you with the Next Steps.
Click on this link and let us know so that we can celebrate with you about your decision to surrender and Follow Jesus!
I want to surrender and Follow Jesus
If you have chosen to Follow Jesus, we want to help you know how to Follow Jesus. We want to help you understand what God has done for you and in you when you repented and believed and began following Jesus. If you click on the link above, then we will get in touch with you and provide you with the New Believers material we give every new Follower of Jesus.
God gave us the Bible to help us to understand Him and His love for us. The Bible shows us from the very beginning our need for Jesus. The Bible is God’s way to speak to us and the way to help us to know Him and how to follow Him.
We encourage you to make time each day to read the Bible. We encourage you to start with the Gospel of John. Read a chapter a day or more and as you read, pray and ask God to open your mind to understand the truths in the Word.
If you don’t have a Bible, you can read it through the You Version app.
God doesn’t intend for you to Follow Jesus alone! We have different Small Group Bible studies offered through our church each week. Other people who have chosen to Follow Jesus just like you, meet once a week to Care for one another and to study the Bible in order to be Discipled in the truths of God’s Word.
If you would like to know more about the Small Groups we offer and would like to join one, click here to get more information.
Small Groups at Redemption.
Gathering for a weekly worship service is so important as a Follower of Jesus. Each week, we gather in person and online to sing to God and hear God’s word taught. Worship is a great time to learn the Bible and give praise to God.
The Bible encourages us to get together to worship with other believers so that we can be encouraged.
Hebrews 10:24-25 “Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encourage one another, all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
We have worship on Sunday at 10:30 in person
Or Join us Online via our website Online Worship
Or you can watch via YouTube http://youtube.com/c/redemptionchurchlacombe
Once you follow Jesus, it is important to find a local church you can commit to so that you can grow with other believers and reach others with the great news that you have experienced. If you are interested in being a part of Redemption Church, we offer a membership class where we explain what our church is about, what we believe, and the ministries we offer.
In our membership class, we explain that baptism is the next step for a person who has chosen to Follow Jesus. Baptism doesn’t save anyone but is a public way to let the world know you have chosen to follow Jesus.
If you are interested in our next membership class, click here and we will be in touch with you about the next class.
I’m interested in the next membership Class