As a church, we begin every year with a Month of Prayer and the Word. These two foundational disciplines are essential in the life of a believer to keep us grounded in Biblical truth and in touch with our great God. Below are some Bible Reading Plans that you can use as a guide to keep you in the Word every day. The prayer list below is our prayer guide that we will use this month during our special gathering times for prayer. I want to encourage you to start your year with the disciplines of some committed times of prayer and time with God in His Word. I believe you will be blessed greatly. - Pastor Byron
BIBLE READING PLANS
This Bible reading plan is laid out so that you can read through the Bible in a chronological fashion. For example, the story of Job will be within the book of Genesis.
Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length.
Professor Grant Horner’s Bible Reading Plan - a challenging but rewarding plan where you read 10 chapters a day. Be prepared to see amazing connections throughout the entirety of Scripture.
This ESV Bible reading plan features a reading from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs each day. This plan divides the text into 365 sections, so you can read through the entire Bible in one unforgettable year—in as little as 15 minutes a day. In one year, you read the full Old Testament and the New Testament once, and Psalms and Proverbs twice.
This Pdf document lists the Books of the Bible that you can simply check off as you read the Bible at your pace and in any format you choose.
This is a link to a website where other Bible reading plans are available.
Month of Prayer Guide
As you pray for these different needs, use the Scripture passages as a guide to help you know how to pray for each need.
- What do you want to see God do in your walk with God, your life, family, marriage, etc.?
- Write them down and pray over them.
- What do you want to see God do in our church?
- Delighting in God/ Our Worship - Psalm 100
a. Pray for God to grow our church’s heart of worship. Pray that we will sing boldly, sincerely, and unashamedly to the Lord each week.
b. Pray for God to send us more musicians and vocalists who love to worship and for God to send us people who have a heart and giftedness to work in the soundbooth doing sound and media.
c. Pray that lost people will be saved as they encounter God’s presence in our Worship.
d. Pray for protection of the voices for our worship team.
e. Pray for Andrew to be anointed as our Worship leader.
f. Pray for God to help us to crush/crucify any sin that keeps us from delighting in Him!
g. Pray that God will help us to be a church that He Delights in!
h. Praise His name and give Him thanks for His steadfast love and His faithfulness (vs. 4-5).
- Declaring Jesus - Matthew 9:35-38
a. Let’s praise the Lord for the laborers the Lord has sent us this past year!
- Pray that we serve the Lord with gladness (Psalm 100:2)
b. More Laborers for the harvest
- Pray that God will continue to send laborers to our church for the Harvest.
c. Harvest of souls for this year
- Pray that God will save many people this year.
d. Compassion Ministry
-Pray that God will save people through our Compassion Food and Clothing ministry.
- Pray that God uses our workers to be an encouragement to those in need.
- Discipling All People
(1) Small Group Leadership - Matthew 28:19-20 (make disciples)
a. Present Small Group Leaders
- Pray that they will stay refreshed and passionate about teaching the Word and caring for their groups.
b. Future Small Group leaders
- Pray that God will raise up additional Small Group leaders for the future for all age groups.
c. Expansion of Small Groups
- Pray for wisdom for how and when to expand our small groups.
(2) Church Leadership - future Elders and Deacons - 1 Timothy 3:1-15
a. Future elders and deacons
-Pray that God will raise up godly men to serve as Elders and Deacons in the future.
b. Present Elders, Ministers, and Deacons
Pastor - Byron
Family and Member Care Pastor - John Nogueras
Worship Minister - Andrew
Student Ministries Pastor - John Jamison
Deacons - Butch Pichon and Jerry Deglandon
(3) Student Ministry - Psalm 78:5-8
a. Pray that God will grow our Student Ministry.
b. Pray for opportunities within our schools and communities to reach lost and hurting students.
c. Pray that God will grow our students’ hearts for God.
d. Pray that God will save any students who haven’t surrendered their lives to Jesus.
e. Pray for our adult leaders who serve with our students.
f. Pray For more teachers and leaders.
g. Pray For zeal for God’s word and truth.
h. Pray that God will grow the student’s heart of worship.
i. Pray for the development of a student worship team to lead their peers in worship.
(4) Redemption Kids - Psalm 78:5-8
a. Preschool Ministry
- Pray for our preschool parents as they raise their children to love God the most and obey God's True Word.
- Pray for our preschool ministry team to abide in Jesus daily so we can partner with parents to help build spiritual foundations for our preschoolers.
- Pray for the health of our preschoolers, their families, and our ministry team.
- Pray God will call 10 members to join our preschool ministry team so we can open our baby room during the 10:30am hour.
b. Children’s Ministry
- Pray that God will grow our Children’s ministry.
- Pray that God will grow our children’s hearts for God.
- Pray that God will save any children who haven’t surrendered their lives to Jesus.
- Pray for our adult leaders who serve with our children.
- Other Prayer Needs
a. Pray that God will help us to be faithful in prayer and for us to long for and love His Word.
b. Pray that God will provide Spiritual protection over our church - Ephesians 6:10-11.
c. Pray that any brothers and sisters in Christ who are weak in the faith or struggling with sin will be strengthened mightily this year.
d. Pray for Marriages and Families to grow closer to Jesus and to one another this year.
e. Pray that God will keep our church United in our Mission - John 17:20-21.